What is Swedish Massage?
Swedish massage is the most commonly offered and best-known type of massage. If it's you're first time at the spa, Swedish massage is the perfect place to start.
· During Swedish massage, massage therapists use massage oils to facilitate smooth, gliding strokes called effleurage. Other classic Swedish massage moves include kneading, friction, stretching and (sometimes) tapping.
· Swedish massage uses firm but gentle pressure to promote relaxation, ease muscle tension and create other health benefits.
· Generally during Swedish massage you're nude underneath a towel or sheet (under pants only). The therapist uncovers only the part of the body she is working on, a technique called "draping".
· You can keep your underwear on during Swedish massage, and many newcomers do.
· Feel free to state your preference for pressure during Swedish massage. It can range from light to firm. Swedish massage usually includes some deeper work on areas of specific muscle tension. If you want more intensive work and firmer pressure, get a deep tissue massage.
Making an appointment
Interested in finding out more about treatments?
Simply call on:
New website online
You can now find out all you need to know about our therapies and services.
Tips and advice
If you have any questions about your first appointment or would like to find out about how we can help with the costs of your treatment then please click here: